Visit the Shoppe {611 Sutter St., Historic Folsom Ca 95630}

Tuesdays Through Saturdays 11am to 5pm - Sundays 12-6pm







Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rustic Ambiance

These little Rustic Gems, are quite the catch lately, and my favorite addition to a fancy-elegant space.

Having that one piece that is unique-out of the ordinary and brings a bit of Rustic Style to your space can absolutely make your room.
Just that touch that shows your style-nature

A tad bit added to your table


Not so sure about lighting-but definitely a conversation piece at the least.
Antlers are equal to the once candlesticks once placed on the mantle or the loose flowers added around the table for extra ambiance.

So if your not going to bring in that one piece of animal print furniture, maybe try the Antlers.

Taking that beauty of the room, with crisp whites- elegant chandeliers-orderly neat style and hanging the antlers or head is just amazingly lovely to me.
Love it.

And Yes the bathroom too..

While there are decorating rules-guidelines for color-placement & style of your pieces you bring together.
There is really no rules-
My absolute favorite is the worn tattered leather sofa- crisp cream shag carpet-wainscot-molding-hard wood floors- Elegant crystal chandelier and Yes the Antlers...
(can you tell the direction I'm going with my home)..

10 comments:

  1. I just am not sure if I am in or the antlers yet, but I am always slow to adopt a style. I bet I will be posting about antlers soon LOL!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. L-O-V-E the antlers! As you know, I really can't get enough of them. In an otherwise traditional or feminine setting, they provide just the right punch of unexpected, rustic contrast to make a room interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to into antlers, whenever I would get them I would give them away. Living in the Pacific Northwest everybody has them, so lots of folks around here love them. My husband got blood poisoning from stretching his arm up and getting it poked by an antler, lots of antibiotics later he is fine. These antlers were nailed to a tree outside, so who knows, the guys could have had their chainsaw blades hanging off of them and the rust from the blades got onto the antler.

    Anyway the pictures of the room are just beautiful and the antlers look very nice were they are placed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Antlers and I go way back! I LOVE them... I've never had the guts to actually decorate with them in my own home though... clearly I'm a closet antler nut!

    Angela
    Wicker & Stitch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karry,
    You are so Gracefully beautiful!

    Thank you for your beautiful visit my new friend and your beautiful comment on your way out!

    I can so see myself adding antlers to my home, I would love to finf the real ones and dare then to paint them adding that touch of foggy gray I so love.

    Thank you for the beautiful inspiring photos, well done my dear!
    Cheers
    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by today. Yes, life is too short to give up the sweet stuff. I have had that thought over and over lately. My grandmother will be 100 next week, the doctor told her that if she wants to take up smoking and drinking he thinks she could. :) I have laughed and laughed. I love your store, I went and poked around. :) Also thank you so much for being my 85th follower. I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pics, love your blog, thanks for visiting me! Now I know what to do with all the antlers I have in my garage....great ideas. I also can't believe the stuff you've found on the side of the road - maybe it's better roadside pickings in CA than OR, we get too much rain!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely! Antlers work really nicely with whites. Enjoy the beautiful weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE antlers too and have to follow you because of our mutual deer mount affection. :) Your images are gorgeous and I can't wait to see more.
    xo
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  10. These images are fantastic. What a great post. It's interesting to see how the antlers can work well in so many different settings. Thank you for all the hard work that must have gone into collecting these images!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete