Visit the Shoppe {611 Sutter St., Historic Folsom Ca 95630}

Tuesdays Through Saturdays 11am to 5pm - Sundays 12-6pm







Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr

Monday, August 2, 2010

Sweet Pink Mixture

One my many Chairs I have re-upholstered, I choose to go with shades of pink, for that girl in all of us, but with a Shabby Touch.

The Chair was originally dark wood, with a vanilla satin textured fabric.

With some Lovely Soft White, Distressing & then a mixture of fabrics.

I used pink chenille for the seat cushion bottom-top and for the sides as well,Then a soft sweet pink pin stripe Cotton for the arms, edge front of cushion, a flannel floral for base of frame work and back, and lastly I used a pretty pink check for the piping to accent it all together.

I also love to include matching pillows with all of my chairs, So i used the pink pin striped Cotton on one side and the floral flannel on the opposite side and then added buttons in the pink chenille.
The Cushion is totally removable,

I guess the girl in me always love the pinks, How Darling would this look in a Nursery or a little girls room, Or in a Baby shoppe or shucks even in my room.

16 comments:

  1. You are a genius. I love your garbage find (CD holder turned organizer), what a talent. One day I will stop by your shoppe when I'm in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I love a chair with contrasting fabric. You have done a great job.. How did you attach the piping? Did you just hot glue with the seam on the underside? I am in the middle of some chairs and not sure how to do this.
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I wish I could do this!

    p.s. I'm having a Anthropologie giveaway if it interests you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karryann, your chair makes my heart go pitter patter. You are SO GOOD!!! I bet people come in your store and just go nuts over your furniture. I know I would.

    xo
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I I love the transformation and the married fabrics are perfect for this chair! Did you by chance see my recent post about the french settee I bought? TONS of button tufting! My button tufting never comes out like I plan- how do you get yours to look so good? Anyway, your chair is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very inspiring! I myself just got 2 wingbacks this past wkend from a garage sale for $20!!! I can't wait until I can share the after pictures. It will be first big reupholster project though... Im a bit nervous I must admit. Do you have any tips???
    Beautiful chair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! So soft and feminine! I love your mixture of different fabrics. You do stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy that you stopped by the blog! Nice to find you as well.....love the new family room couch too!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your work, I think you do an amazing job. I have followed your blog since I found you on Cranberry Cottage's blogroll.

    I just wanted to let you know I have an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhh...she is sooooo PRETTY in PINK!!!! She looks outstanding after her makeover.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, beautiful! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty...and i especially love the distressing you did on the wood - it looks so authentic:) any tips on your technique? mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your chair is very pretty, so is your blog!! I like the inspiration here, and beauty!

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog, leaving a thoughtful comment, and for becoming a new Follower! Very sweet, indeed! :)

    You have a new follower too!
    Have a wonderful day!
    @}~`}~~~ Gloria

    ReplyDelete