Visit the Shoppe {611 Sutter St., Historic Folsom Ca 95630}

Tuesdays Through Saturdays 11am to 5pm - Sundays 12-6pm







Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr

Saturday, February 5, 2011

French Prints

My love isn't just for Vintage furniture, I have this love for these prints/paintings as well.
I have two in my home now, but they are only 8x10 I would love to come across large ones.

As I am fascinated with Old Furniture always wondering where it has been, who has sat in it what the story is behind each piece, I believe these prints are quite the same.

Some are Historical , but some are not, And as I do with furniture, I wonder what the story is behind each one.

There is something classic about each one

Many I have found are dated back to the 1700-early 1900,s, and many are of the French.

Maybe that is Why I love them so much, they remind me of the Classic French Style..


5 comments:

  1. These are Beautiful, I love things like this too. they feel so familiar. Love your Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just purchased two ginormous portraits of Marie Antoinette and Louis XIV on Craigslist. They are each six feet tall and four feet wide. I have no idea WHY I bought them, actually! They were just cool, I suppose! LOL! Well, now I have them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i love them too- believe the 2nd pic is anne boleyn- wife of henry 8th- love the george washington - sorry for no capitols- dog on my lap;;;

    karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom collects the vintage ones of children. They are so neat and not like anything we had here in the States.
    Thanks for sharing, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, just came across your blog. I think that the handsome young man in the first picture is Bonnie Prince Charlie who led the Jacobite rebellion in 1745. A Scottish hero. Liz

    ReplyDelete