Visit the Shoppe {611 Sutter St., Historic Folsom Ca 95630}

Tuesdays Through Saturdays 11am to 5pm - Sundays 12-6pm







Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr

Thursday, July 8, 2010

House Envy!

Ok , so I'm not a stalker, but I love this house. This home is in the Historic District of Folsom, Yes someone lives there, but I truly believe I love it more. Isn't this a cute little home, registered as a historic home, and I would one day love to live there-fix it up. It is a street up from my little shop, and everyday that i  go to work i take a differ street just so i can pass by all the old homes, this is one of my favorties- i drive by real slow, and stare-trying to get a glimpse of the inside, a peek into who must own such a lovely vintage place, I drool , & day dream about how i would care, love it.
This Beauty is at the end of that same long old street, right behind my little shoppe in Historic Folsom, and it has been for sale for (EVER), I would pay money just to tour this place- it has a second smaller home out back, a wrap around porch (screened in) and a detached garage.. And I love it...
If i ever were to win the lottery , i so would buy this home, just to fix it up, not to look new-but look new at its original state & fill it with all of my vintage pieces.
Can You imagine the stories, the history it holds inside..
And it is only doors down from one of the Oldest Churchs in town.
Last I heard it was over a million dollars..
Not that I don't love my little Colonial Style home- but built in 1997-But just isn't the same as built in early 1900's.

I don't want luxury-marble floors-, a limo service, don't even want a maid-
Just an Old House,with tattered, worn loving history, i can bring new life to.
Love It!!

10 comments:

  1. Those are both great houses! So much character! I really like the 2nd one. How fun to fix them up. You would do wonders with both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the charm of hold homes. It is my dream to have one totally remodeled.

    xo Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both great. I do the same thing ~ and panic when one comes up for sale. should I -shouldn't I? Then my husband pretty much squashes any thought I ever had with "It'll take $500k just to make it liveable plus its probably haunted:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't you ask the realtor to let you in the blue one to look around. It's amazing! Well, they both are so cool.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well when we were living in a new home here in our little town, I used to drive down this street and see this yellow house on a corner with a 3-car garage and think.."Oh I would love to live there someday". I always thought that when I drove by...well guess what...that's the house we live in now. We had sold our new house, and we were living in a rental as we weren't sure what we were going to do. Then a mutual friend told us about the yellow house on the corner it had been on the market for six months and they were willing to rent it, would we like to meet the owners and talk about renting it. I got to see the house that night, meet the owner and that night we agreed that we would move in as soon as our lease was up in a few weeks. We rented it for a year and then we purchased it...so hold on to that dream Karryann.

    xo
    LeAnn

    xo
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice to know that I am not the only one who drives by homes real slow and tries to peak inside!!! My son thinks i'm crazy but i tell him i'm not the only house crazy girl out there!
    I can see why you love this home it is beautiful!
    I adore old homes.
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya it looks nice alright, but have you ever seen the movie "The moneypit" wit Tom Hanks? We live in an oldie and right about now I feel like Tom Hanks......keep lookin it is better on the wallet. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. The old homes just have so much character! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I have the same dream! I drive past this big old farmhouse up thge street from me everyday and drool. I even dream about putting a shop in one of the old out buldings. One of these days I will take a picture. I too would be in heaven in an old home that gushes character and comfort. Who needs Limos and diamonds? For now my little two story house built in 2005 will have to suffice! I have a ball decorating it despite its age:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate to dreaming about houses...I have been dreaming about a little house to fix-up lately...only need somw $$$$ to come into my life! Am trying to think up a money-making scheme LOL!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete