Visit the Shoppe {611 Sutter St., Historic Folsom Ca 95630}

Tuesdays Through Saturdays 11am to 5pm - Sundays 12-6pm







Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr

Monday, March 22, 2010

Make your Pooch feel like a Prince!





As I Love anything over the top, I saw a picture over at (The Pink Funny Farm)of a sweet little doggy bed. Well i aspire to Create, So I thought, I could do that (well maybe)..So i had bought an old dolly bed (for what-not sure) but i had it, so I had my husband add posts to all four corners, bend some metal for me,attach to top, then i put some thin cardboard over the top as well. Next i covered with some blue satin- made a cushion with flannel blue &white stripes,made a pleted skirt,added some brown pom poms-sewed a little mini pillow,embroidered Prince on it,added wood crowns on head-foot board.
And here is my little (Made for a Prince Doggy Bed)..Our little Henry loved it as well, we couldn't get him out of it & he already has a bed with our son so I ended up donating it to a Fundraiser..
($5 for bed that came with cushion, $15 for fabric trim ,$10 for wood posts,metal,cardboard top-A total cost of about $30 not so Bad, although it did take a few days..But Kind of Cute!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Karryann,
    Thanks for stopping by and following. I don't know if I would have found your blog. I've looked at all of your posts. Each one is so fun. Your "sister" cane chairs, I found one like that once. Gave it to a friend. The wreath is GORGEOUS! I made my first one last fall after seeing the prices! You've inspired me to make a spring one. You do amazing re-do's on your furniture. I'm like you...I want to keep each one, Then after a little while, I'm ready to let go. I wish I could visit your shop. How lucky you are to have it.
    I'm following now, and I'll be back to see what's new.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda~cute...No it is Super cute!
    Did you say that you donated this one...or his other bed?

    My blogger friend~Denise~ and I were just chatting about doggie beds...cause Flea Market Style magazine showed two cute ones.

    I made an old doll crib into a bed for my baby....the side rail comes down so it is perfect...no Canopy though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun blog! I see like me you are new.
    Love each and every one of your projects!
    Cheers, cindykay from http://hillschapelantiquestore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, and you're just down the road from me in West Sac - now I can come see your store!

    Just found your blog, am a follower now!
    __
    Barbara
    http://ifididnthaveasenseofhumor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete